Valentine Cherry County Economic Development Board
"The mission of the Valentine/Cherry County Economic Development Board is to build a solid foundation for economic prosperity and growth in Cherry County, by working together to help businesses grow and expand, promote business retention, encourage new business ventures, and improve residents' quality of life."
About the Board & Staff
The Valentine/Cherry County Economic Development Board (VCCEDB) is a quasi-governmental entity organized in 2005 under Nebraska's Interlocal Cooperation Act, as a cooperative entity operating under the City of Valentine and Cherry County, Nebraska. The Valentine Cherry County Economic Development Board consists of an eight member Board of Directors. Each entity involved appoints individuals to serve on the board.
The Valentine/Cherry County Economic Development Board:
- Promotes and supports local business owners through Improvement and expansion.
- Assists in the successful transfer of existing businesses to the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Builds a more prosporous, dynamic and sustainable local economy.
- Encourages and supports individuals with the desire to start a new business and turn an idea into profitable reality.
- Enhances the community's ability to attract and recruit new businesses, as well as, new residents and familiies to our area.
- Expands our economy, stabilizes and potentially decreases property tax rates.
- Creates an atmosphere which encourages superior youth leadership and a vibrant small business climate.
Chairman of the Board
Vice Chairman of the Board
Billie Tinant Murphy